- Quickly updating web page content- The embedded document will reflect immediately all changes made to the primary document.
- Make important documents unavoidable
- Create highly customized informational pages without any SharePoint customization- Just make your embedded document the size of the entire window, and you can use Word or PowerPoint to design the page.
- Display the documents in a very visual way.
Embedding documents with OneDrive
- Open the document you wish to embed in Office Online.
- Click on File, Share, and Embed.
- Select the size of the embedded window
- Copy the code with Control + V
You can paste this code on any website or SharePoint site.
Embedding Word and PowerPoint documents with SharePoint
- Upload your document into a document library
- Click on the Ellipsis to pull up the preview of the document.
- Click on the menu in the preview pane
- Click on Embed Information and copy the code.
This code can also be copied into any webpage.
Excel, Visio, and PDFs can also be embedded though with a slightly different methodology. See Microsoft’s article for detailed instructions.
Placing the code in SharePoint
The easiest way to paste this code into SharePoint is with the Content Editor web part.
- Navigate to the page on which you want to place the embedded document
- Click on the gear and select Edit Page
- Put your cursor on the page where you want the document to be visible and select Web Part under the Insert tab
- Choose the Content Editor web part under Media and Content
- Click on “Click to add new content” and then choose embed code under the Insert tab.
- Paste your embedding code and click ok.